What is the Best Car Wax for Your Vehicle? (Don’t Buy a Car Wax Until You Read This)
Car wax comes in various forms, it may be in liquid (or in spray container) or paste, but both are made to give protection and keep your car shiny and sparkling. Car waxing should be done after you have thoroughly clean your car with water and soap, and a little bit of smooth brushing in a heavily silted area. A really clean car blended with great polishing or waxing is another innovation in car care that prolongs the life of your car, whether it’s brand new or otherwise.
Car waxing does more good than just making your car luster and look really nice. Since the 1970’s, the world was dominated by only one brand of car wax. Today, there are more than a dozen companies offering the more advanced version of the original car wax.
This article will take you further down the road in ultimate car care. We will also assist you in choosing what is the best car wax for your vehicle. Just like what we have warned you before: Don’t buy a car wax until you read this!
Is it Really a Good Idea Waxing Your Car?
It is certainly a terrific idea waxing your car! Although this is an added cost in the proper care and maintenance of your car, the cost could be recouped in the long run. As car wax protects your car from early tear and wear, it subsequently prolongs the life of the car.
As an added relief for car owners, car waxing maintains the beauty and shine of their cars. The protection that car wax offers will certainly distance you from the more expensive car painting, and worst, the replacement of the corroded parts if these are not taken cared of early.
What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of Using a Car Wax?
There are more benefits that you can get in using a car wax. Car wax protects the car from degradation and oxidation of the paint from UV lights if a car wax brand has this blocker. A car wax that is thick and hard could also protect your car from rust and corrosion resulting from moisture that accumulates in the car’s tiny crevices on the surface.
On the other hand, a car wax may damage your vehicle’s chromed elements if the wax is not removed. But this could happen only if you are stupid enough to forget that you have just waxed your car. In almost all car wax applications, the wax should be dried and polished to remove the wax residue.
This polishing gives the car the ultimate shine and the mirror-finish that you are looking for. Polishing also sealed the car’s surface from harsh UV light effects and make the car water-resistant. Polishing could be done by hand with a soft micro-fiber cloth (some car wax brands include this cloth in the purchase), or by buffing with an electric buffing machine.
What is the Best Way To Use Car Wax?
- Frequency of application
Most waxes last about one and a half months. Other brand lasts longer than this, depending on the owners’ maintenance. It is best to organize a firm routine of waxing your car on this frequency (every 1 1/2 months). This applies to new and old cars alike.
It’s ideal to create the routine with a new car than to wait until an issue comes. With an older car, your once faded car would look like new.
- Use spray or paste (or compound)
There is no rule on what type of car wax you should use in a particular car. Although not all car waxes available in the market have the same qualities, its form could spell the difference in ease of use.
Some may prefer a car wax in paste form if they are more adapted to this type. Car wax in paste form is commonly spread on the car’s surface using a soft cloth. While the spray type of car wax (liquid form) also uses cloth or towel, some find it more comfortable to use.
However, liquid type of car wax could be sprayed in a fine mist. It is more economical as the application could be controlled by just spraying enough quantity of wax onto the car’s surface. But, it is still up to the car owners where they are more comfortable in using such type.
How to Choose the Best Car Wax Available?
Here are some of the criteria that you should consider in buying the best car wax for your car:
- With UV (ultra-violet ray) blockers.
- Safe from all paint types.
- Long lasting protection.
- Easy to use.
- Value for your money.
5 Best Car Wax Available in the Market 2017- Reviews
1. Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax – 16 oz.
The Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax is an advanced hydrophobic wax (a quick-drying wax that has a deep gloss and wet look characteristics) that is fully integrated into the liquid. You might be surprised with the performance of this liquid wax. The polish is easy to apply and needs just a little amount of time to dry, you don’t have to wait much longer even in humid weather, thanks to its ThinFilm technology.
Via:amazon Liquid wax bottle
The Meguiar’s G18216 may also last more than 3 months even in harsh weather conditions such as snow or the heat of the summer. This product will have the best result after your car is freshly cleaned or clayed (the removal of embedded contaminants) but make sure that the car is totally dry.
- Does not turn bumper and plastic parts white.
- Applicable manually or by buffing or orbital machines.
- Comes with free microfiber towels (2 pieces) and an applicator pad.
- Suitable for any paint type.
- Last longer than most brands.
- Fully concentrated, could be used many times.
- Priced slightly higher than most competitors of the same class.
- Heavy or thicker than normal application may prolong drying time.
- Impressive results when done in 2 coatings. The last must be thinner than the first.
2. Meguiar’s G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax – 11 oz.
The Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax is an innovative blend of Carnauba (the hardest natural wax known to man) and polymers to make your car more stunning than ever. This blend enhances a strong, longer than normal protection, and provides reflective finish on your car. Compared to the Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax, the Meguiar’s Gold Class is more advanced and offers the deepest paint looks that have silkier waxed surface.
The improved formulation of the Meguiar’s Gold Class is really admirable. It is becoming the choice among car enthusiasts for their cars or trucks. This wax is also easy to apply and remove and dry quickly compared to other brands.
This is really suitable for those who like to wax often. Although, the Gold Class Paste Wax is proven to last longer than any other brand, a quick and thinner application periodically will not diminish its efficacy.
- With UV light blocker
- Comes in paste form.
- Environment- and user-friendly.
- Safe for any paint type.
- A combination of natural and synthetic materials.
- Maximizes the shine potential of your car.
- Only takes 3-5 minutes drying time.
- More affordable than other brands.
- Packaging includes a soft foam applicator.
- Shine may last up to 5 months.
- Not to use near children.
- The better result is achieved when applied to a clean surface under shade.
3. Turtle Wax T-222R Super Hard Shell Paste Wax – 14 oz
The Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell (made by the Turtle Wax Company) boasts of its capability to keep your car shiny and luster in full one year! And that is for a single application only (with 2-3 coatings). This heavyweight of a car wax is very economical to use because only a small amount of application gives you the shine that you desire.
Made by the company that innovates the car wax industry, the Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell is really tough on shine and luster on your car. This car wax has also the most UV protection ever designed for a wax. It practically wards off snow, heavy rain, acid rain, and even hails. Common application may dry up within 5-6 minutes, which is slightly longer than conventional brands, but waiting time is worth it.
- This company has the best selling car wax of all time.
- This company is also the pioneer in manufacturing car wax.
- Comes in paste form.
- Lasts longer than the competition.
- Deep penetration and deep shine.
- Small application spells the difference.
- Light and firm pressure of application are enough to penetrate deep into the car’s surface.
- Not to be used in direct sunlight.
- May need two coatings to achieve the best results
- Not safe for children.
- No microfiber towel on the packaging.
The Fastwax’s FW1 Wash and Wax with Carnauba are gaining popularity among car lovers. This waterless formulation of washing and waxing cars is the current craze among the car hobbyists who would do anything just to give their cars the lasting shine they desire. Blended with Carnauba, one of the hardest natural wax, and synthetic polymer, the FW1 Wash and Wax can remove stains from the interior of your car.
The FW1 Wash and Wax with Carnauba by Fastwax has been also used by other car lovers on their dashboard and other non-metal parts and found with satisfying results. Although the manufacturer is recommending this product as usable for your car’s exterior, its versatility can’t be denied. This product though is proven water-resistant that is why it last quite longer against some other brands.
- Do not damage plastic parts of cars.
- Comes in a pack of 3 bottles at 17.5oz. each for the price of one.
- For any type of paint.
- Could also be used on your car’s rims.
- Easy to use.
- Environment- and user-friendly.
- Nontoxic when accidentally swallowed by children. But still, children should not be around when you do the waxing.
- Biodegradable bottles.
- Made in the USA.
- Not advisable for matte finish cars.
- Not advisable to use in direct sunlight. Best time to apply is early morning or a dawn.
5. Waterless Car Wash and Wax Kit – Clean and Protect Paint with one Quick Application. Concentrated formula for best value. TriNova.
This product by TriNova had been around since the later part of 2016, and it shows good performance on the market. Want to find out why? Well, the TriNova Gold Standard Waterless Wash and Wax can really wash and wax. It is fully concentrated, this one 18 Fl. oz container can wash and wax a full-sized car 40 times over.
Using the TriNova Wash and Wax, you can contain a whole bunch of grime, dirt, residues, and other solids without scratching the paint. This also blocks harmful UV rays and protects your car from rain, snow, and fog. The Wash and Wax are very convenient to use. You do not need hoses, buckets, and brushes just to achieve a clean and clear shine that could last more than 2 months.
- Microfiber cloth and one reusable spray are included in the package.
- Cleans dirt without scratching.
- Minimizes maintenance on your car.
- Protects paint while leaving your car free from filth.
- A simple spray-and-wipe application.
- With added nano-tech polymers that form a protective seal, beading water and protects your car from harmful UV rays.
- Environment- and user-friendly.
- Not advisable for application when children are around. May irritate eyes upon contact.
Guess what we have chosen as the best car wax on the market today? You guessed it right! The sure winner is the Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax.
The Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax lasts longer than any other brand (except the Turtle Wax brand), it has UV blocker, made basically of natural ingredients, environment- and user-friendly, has quick drying time, safe for any type of paint, convenient to use, and very affordable, among other qualities. These and other satisfactory traits make this product number one on our list.
Your content here...